Albuquerque Museum Foundation Job Listing
Full time, Exempt
Submit a cover letter and resume to Emily Blaugrund Fox at the Albuquerque Museum Foundation.
Listing to remain posted until February 22 at 5:00 p.m.
The Development Associate is directly and personally responsible for the execution of fundraising programs that support current and future operating budgets and special projects of the Foundation. Fundraising includes, but is not limited to, major donor cultivation and stewardship, identification and recruitment of new major donors, and creation of materials for diverse giving opportunities. The Development Associate will report to the Executive Director.
Must possess a valid state driver’s license. Position requires flexible working hours including evenings and weekends on occasion. Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment and spirit of cooperation among colleagues.
• Create collateral for Major Giving Programs ensuring materials are informative, inspirational to donors and designed to fit our brand.
• Responsible for individual donor stewardship.
• Coordinate and grow business partnerships and support. Responsible for Corporate sponsorship solicitation and stewardship; on-going management of business partnerships leading to revenue.
• Work closely to implement and monitor a fiscal plan that should include measurable goals as well as strategies and timelines for identifying, researching, soliciting and cultivating donors and prospects.
• Work with the Board of Directors and staff to ensure that fundraising goals are achieved or exceeded, based on the annual budget. Of particular importance are Artsthrive and Shaken, Not Stirred events as well as our Patron Circle Members.
• Identify, research and qualify prospective donors. Act as the front line of customer service for donor-related inquiries in a professional & prompt manner with colleagues, donors, volunteers, and the public.
• Provide vital support including calls and emails with donors.
• Upholding strict donor confidentiality and safeguarding of sensitive information at all times.
• Develop portfolios of prospects for cultivation and solicitation by the Executive Director, board members and other staff. Provide support, appropriate accountability and strategic counsel to support their efforts.
• Innovate and implement an effective program for cultivation, recognition, involvement and stewardship of major and special gifts donors
• Develop and maintain relationships with major individual donors, corporate and foundation donors; track and record all donor contacts.
• Provide staff support and guidance to the Development Committee and the Planned Giving Advisory Committee of the Board of Directors.
• Create a schedule, research and write grants on a local and national level.
• Provide regular and annual reports of activities as requested.
• All other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand the needs and interests of major donors in order to develop relationships between them and aMF. Proven fundraiser, with particular success in major gifts solicitation and closing; strong leadership, analytical and planning skills; outstanding verbal and written communication skills; proven organizational and multi-tasking skills; outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to work with and motivate board and staff, diverse individuals and groups; ability to work independently, monitor own performance objectives and provide stellar leadership for direct reports; creative and innovative; excellent public speaker; knowledge of donor software programs; word processing, e-mail and Internet skills required.
A minimum of five years of proven success in the areas of fundraising and donor development as identified in the job summary. Candidate should have positive working relationships with major funding sources, nationally and locally, as well as influential social and business/corporate contacts within the Albuquerque community. Supervisory experience beneficial.